virgin broadband - praise

squashman 19:42 04 Feb 2011

Hi, just thought that with some of the recent posts of problems, I would post some praise.
I got a letter on weds advising of an upgrade from my current 20 meg service to 30 meg( I get 19.5 ). I contacted them and they advised I would need a new superhub, which they would dispatch.
This arrived today as arranged, fitted ok, and I am now getting 31.7 meg!!!! all for £1.50 per month less than before.
Don't think you can ask for better than that

wids001 20:53 04 Feb 2011

I had a similar offer but along one to upgrade from 20meg to 50meg PLUS Sky Moves & Sports packages in HD all for an extra £5 a month.

Strawballs 12:08 05 Feb 2011

Is that the combined modem/router they are now using?

My cousin said she had one and I was confused as I did not think you could get combined ones on cable until she sent a picture of it and said it was suplied by Virgin themselves. They look quite nice.

john bunyan 14:07 05 Feb 2011

I keep getting offers from Virgin who dont realise my house is about 150 m off the road where their cable is. However I would be interested to know for what applications you use 30Mbps? I would like a higher level than my current 6.5 but my broadband phone and BBC i Player work well.

Strawballs 16:19 05 Feb 2011

I have the 10meg Virgin connection and Iplayer and all the other channel versions + video calls all work fine

squashman 00:12 06 Feb 2011

Hi
Yes it is a combined modem/wireless router, which is quite stylish, curved shiny black with blue neon.

I had no real need for incresed speed, but more for less seemed a no brainer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?