Virgin 20MB?????

Mark5001 16:07 01 Jul 2007

Three days ago got the 20MB upgrade, oops sorry meant to say downgrade. I say this because when I was on the 10MB service I was getting about nine and a half no problems. After upgrade Namesco speed test shows 300 - 400KB every afternoon and evening. This is not right as I am paying £37.00 for a service I am not getting. I was told by customer services that there was a problem and to phone broadband support to test the line. 20 Minutes later at 25p per minute plus 10p connection charge, I was still none the wiser. Is anyone else getting these problems?. My modem can handle the speed, I checked it by typing 192.168.100.1 into my browser's address bar. What would be the best course of action I could take now.
TIA.
M.

powerless 16:27 01 Jul 2007

Turn off the modem for a couple of minutes.

Try another speed test site [who says that 'Namesco' isn't having problems?] click here

Also have you tried to actually download an actual file?

p.s. I'm not a fan of speed test sites.

Mark5001 16:51 01 Jul 2007

Thanks for the reply. Using your link I get:
Speed Down 359.73 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )
717.58 Kbps ( 0.7 Mbps )
I have tried numerous other speed testers and downloaded, or should I say, tried to download from Microsoft which is usually at high speed, but had to give up before the download completed. There is apparently a recognised problem with the 20 MB connection that Virgin are working on, so I have just discovered on the Virgin site.Even this site is painfully slow, which is unusual for me.

fillythebish 21:39 01 Jul 2007

Broadband is down in parts of Northampton for a few days and different problems keep popping up here. Read the other posts about peoples problems with slow connection, no connection at all and about there terrible customer service.

Virgin is going down the pan it would seem.

Mark5001 06:47 02 Jul 2007

And now to top it all it looks like they are to be sold.
click here

Mark5001 16:52 06 Jul 2007

Seems there is a countrywide problem with the 20MB rollout. The engineers are working on it now I am told. Let's see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?