Video mail

MIKE 19:04 04 Feb 2006

I'm thinking of setting up a video cam to use in order to contactrelative inthe U.S.A. abut am clueless as to what I need in order to do this, any helpwill be greatfully received.

anskyber 19:32 04 Feb 2006

Use either, or as well, MSN Messenger and or the free Skype. I use a Logitech Pro 4000 which gives good video but be aware that even the best will have a stuttered look. Still excellent for free to the US though.

anskyber 19:33 04 Feb 2006

Skype click here

anskyber 19:34 04 Feb 2006
  anskyber 19:36 04 Feb 2006

eg cameras click here

anskyber 19:38 04 Feb 2006

PS try this again in helpdesk rather than consumer watch.

MIKE 12:13 05 Feb 2006

Thanks anskyber your info is just what I wanted

Jim Thing 19:27 05 Feb 2006

...to pay for video-link software. For more than a year now, I've had a lengthy, regular Sunday-evening chat with my son and his family in W. Canada. Initially we used MSN but after some annoying video and audio quality problems we tried Logitech VideoCall and ended up paying for it( about £40 per year) largely because of its very nice intuitive user-interface. Recently, however, we thought we'd try MSN once again — because it's free — and we now reckon that it performs better than the Logitech product.

VideoCall's superior user-interface alone isn't worth £40 a year IMO. We both use Logitech QuickCam Zoom webcams by the way. They're cheap and entirely adequate.

I'd also recommend the use of headsets at each end — we had severe feedback-echo problems when we used our loudspeakers.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017