Video Editing Software

michaelgm 13:58 01 Jun 2003

I have rcently bought myself a new Laptop!!
I have quite a bit of video (not digital)on tape. The small tapes that fit inside the camera. Can anyone recommend a 'not too expensive' video editing package,suitable for analogue.

Piggy,Piggy 16:07 01 Jun 2003

Nope!!!!

krall 20:56 01 Jun 2003

Try Ulead Videostudio7. cost about£43. Check it out on click here

Belatucadrus 22:22 01 Jun 2003

A couple of bits of video editing freeware worth checking out are Zwei Stein click here and ABC Videoroll click here can't say how good they are as I don't do video, just stills.

scotty 22:51 01 Jun 2003

As you are working with analogue video, you need a method of converting to digital. There are products such as Pinnacle Studio Deluxe which offer this facility. However, they normally require a card to be fitted into the PC - not an option with a laptop.

There were two main types of tape used in analogue camcorders, VHSc and 8mm. If you have 8mm (or Hi8) tapes, one option would be to buy a Digital8 camcorder which offers backward compatibility with 8mm analogue. Whether this is a suitable option for you may depend on your plans for replacing your old camcorder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?