VGA to HDMI do I upgade my PC or buy a converter?

billis999 01:49 25 Jun 2013
Answered

Hi. I've just bought a new TV which doesn't have the VGA port on it's rear like my older one so I can no longer connect my PC/desktop to it as I used to. I've looked around and have discovered converters, though they're a bit pricey, and I wondered should I upgrade my desktop to HDMI? Now, I get poor internet speed where I live so wouldn't benefit from being able to stream in HD, and I game on my PS3 and watch TV on my Freesat, so all I use my desktop for is the usual surfing/Hotmail/Facebook. So, my question is: do I only need the HDMI graphics card or is there more to it than this? Amazon sell these at around £25 whereas the converters are closer to £45. Is it easy to do this or should I take it to a shop? Please feel free to patronise me as I really don't have a scooby! Help out your local Paramedic and thanks in advance.

billis999 02:25 25 Jun 2013

Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV (New for 2013). Sorry, didn't think it was relevant.

HondaMan 09:14 25 Jun 2013

Suggest you have a look here Maplin

billis999 23:55 26 Jun 2013

I have bought a converter. Thanks for your help peeps. Please consider this forum closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)