Value laptop?

anskyber 10:22 14 Sep 2008

I've been asked to recommend a good value/reliable laptop but with a budget limit of £300/350.

The laptop will be used for simple word processing so will need a suitable program already installed, internet use and limited storage of photographs.

Any thoughts?

Forum Editor 10:51 14 Sep 2008
  spuds 11:41 14 Sep 2008

For that budget, have a look at Ebuyer. They have a number of laptops on discount offers.

I recently purchased a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo V5535. Got the laptop, carry case, extra 1GB of ram, 2x double mouse kits, free next day delivery, all for £307.83 and that included 7 days of free technical help (if needed).

On that purchase, I was a little concerned about certain things, and the telephone sales team provided all the answers, including that I had just missed out on the free 1GB ram upgrade, which then cost me another £15.00 into the above final price.

anskyber 09:44 15 Sep 2008

Thanks both for the advice. I'll have a closer look.

oldbeefer2 10:41 15 Sep 2008

Just bought a Dell from Tesco - fair spec for £369. Very happy with it so far. Word processing? Open Office for free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?