USB on Tv Can i use a External Hd to watch movies?

Uboat 16:11 17 Apr 2010

Hi its a simple question but i'm not sure if it can be done.? in a couple of weeks i am buying a new lcd tv around a 32 inch, ive got a love of personal videos from years ago that ive stored on them & some movies i bought,

my question is "Can i watch them on the tv by using my external hard drive?" its got a USB2 & ESata connection on the HD, IF the tv has a built in DVD player would this help?
Thankx everyone!

Kevscar1 16:18 17 Apr 2010

First Question. What format are the movies

Uboat 16:27 17 Apr 2010

Hi kevscar there in AVI format but i can change them to mp4 if needed? thankx

Forum Editor 16:34 17 Apr 2010

Moving it now.

Kevscar1 21:58 17 Apr 2010

Really depends on the TV connections. If you have a DVD burner on your comp why not used Windows DVD maker and then play them on the player. Thats what I've done with my home vids.

morddwyd 08:20 18 Apr 2010

Like Kevscar says, depends on the tv.

Mine has a usb connection, a pci connection and a sd card slot, but whether it's got the necessary software on board I don't yet know (it's only a couple of weeks old!).

Uboat 11:51 20 Apr 2010

Hi guys ive just found out the TV has a "15pin D-Sub" connection NOT a USB.? but I think it comes with built in DVD player.? is this a good thing or bad? here is the tv..

click here

Kevscar1 16:45 20 Apr 2010

No DVD player on that model. If your graphics card has dual outputs and it is close enough. You could connect using either HDMI or dsub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache