USB backing plates (or whatever they are called)

  Diodorus Siculus 17:49 13 Nov 2005

I am trying to source a USB "backing plate" - the ones that connect from the motherboard via a cable and screw into the back of the case like a standard backing plate (you know the ones that are removed when you add a PCI card). I don't want a PCI card.

If anyone can tell me what I am looking for, and even better, where I can find one, I will be eternally grateful!

Well, for a while at least...

Thanks as always, Dio.

  €dstowe 18:16 13 Nov 2005

You may be able to get them from the motherboard or motherboard maker. I had several of these plates once from this source supplied with the board/case but, unfortunately, having no use for them at the time, they went in the bin.

  €dstowe 18:17 13 Nov 2005

Sorry, posting before checking. Should have said "case or motherboard maker"

  Arnie 18:25 13 Nov 2005

Diodorus Siculus: Is this what you require?

click here

  Arnie 18:30 13 Nov 2005

For some reason the link has changed.

Go to the generic address:

click here and search for USB plate.

  Arnie 18:32 13 Nov 2005

Try the original link again.

click here

  Totally-braindead 18:38 13 Nov 2005

think this is what you want click here

  Diodorus Siculus 19:33 13 Nov 2005

Thanks all - those are just what I wanted.

After an hour of searching, I got nowhere so here was the place to ask!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone