Upgrading and Repairing PC's

iqs 20:41 03 Nov 2007

Hello all,

Hopefully next Jan,I will be going back to college to study PC fault finding,diagnostic and repair.Thats the first module,after how knows.

I have been looking at various books which will assist with my training.I have seen a book which has some great reviews .I hope the link below works.
It is called Upgrading and Repairing PC's by Scott Muellers.I believe it's the latest edition.

Has any one used this book or previous editions,is it worth the money.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

click here

spuds 22:03 03 Nov 2007

I have the Tenth Anniversary Edition (1998), all 1551 pages. Don't know much about the latest version, but the 1998 copy made interesting reading, even though it was a steep learning curve.

"Is it worth the money". Considering the 10th edition book is 3" thick, over 9" long, over 7" wide with 1551 pages, then I would say it is good value compared to other publications of lesser content for similar money. I would imagine that the latest version still contains some of the articles from previous editions with modern updates.

Totally-braindead 22:09 03 Nov 2007

Nothing against the book or anything but I would be inclined to ask the college what books they recommend before parting with my money.

josie mayhem 23:41 03 Nov 2007

I go with Totally-braindead and ask the college what they might recconmend....

When I first started out building I brought one of these books can't remember off hand what edition it was (was around 1999) how much use did I get out of it... not alot to be honest...

I've learn't one of a hell of a lot through searching the net and asking here!

College if teaching you how to repair and build will have there course work and what ever books you need to accomplish your course...

iqs 10:04 04 Nov 2007

spuds,Totally-braindead and josie mayhem.Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

During my enrolment the lecturer will discuss the required reading material.I would like to have an head start on the whole process,hence the book.

I will probably pay a visit to my local library first,see if its available.If not I will go and buy it any way,it cant hurt????.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Cheers,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache