I would like to upgrade my rig and here my stuff:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz,Socket 775 LGA

2047 Mo RAM DDR2

GeForce 8600GTS

300Go Hard-drive

DVD drive

Motherboard ECS 671T-M

Use Integrated LAN and Sound

I would like to put a new Intel i7 and 4-6Go of RAM when Windows 7 will be for sale.I will only put 500$ max on it.As I have heard about my motherboard doesnt support overclocking and would need to be changed.Any suggestions?
BTW I live in Canada

stealth961 15:30 08 Mar 2009

And I dont really know whats my power supply but I will surelly need to upgrade it.
Its wrote on the side of my computer:
115/230 VAC 50/60 Hz 50/60 A
And my computer brand is Prosys.

kindly 15:50 08 Mar 2009

I live in the UK but I would guess the prices over there are similer to ours in the computer world. Upgrading depends on what you are wanting to do with the computer. If you wanted to play serious games on it then you really need a new one with a lot higher specs than the one you have now. It would be cheaper to buy a complete unit.
If its just for general web stuff and video making, then a bigger processor with more ram memory and a better graphics card with its own on board memory.
Look at the prices for a new one at a higher spec and then add up what it would cost to change the processor, memory, graphics card, sound card and then you will have to get microsoft to give you another number so your system can be accepted by windows because so many changes makes it think that it is anew computer.

stealth961 16:16 08 Mar 2009

I think I know what I need to upgrade:thr RAM,prossesor,power supply and motherboard.I found some on NewEgg that look okay here the links:
Motherboard: click here

RAM:click here

Processor:click here

Power Supply:click here

and maybe Grafic card:click here

How is that stuff?

MAT ALAN 16:37 08 Mar 2009

click here

what makes you think you need to upgrade anything, nearer the time there will be up grade advisors on exactly what specs will run Windows7, i wouldn't be tempted to buy anything yet...

stealth961 16:43 08 Mar 2009

of course i aleardy run windows7 i have beta on hardrive but its just to upgrade for gaming a little bit because my dualcore is geting too old and my RAM poor,also my motherboard is ?"/$ cant even overclock.

MAT ALAN 18:09 08 Mar 2009

click here

if you are looking to buy this side of the pond maybe a MOBO bundle along with extra memory may be the way to go...

MAT ALAN 18:10 08 Mar 2009

OOOPS!!!

click here

the right link would be a better idea...

stealth961 18:17 08 Mar 2009

hmmm...
this one look great but wonder which Power supply I will need for that:click here
whit this I'll only need a new grafic card and I'll be ready for 1 or 2 years maybe

stealth961 18:21 08 Mar 2009

nevermind this website doesn't ship in Canada
but it would be a great choice to buy.Gona try to find them separately

MAT ALAN 18:28 08 Mar 2009

click here

might be a good place to start...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?