Upgrade to Windows® x64 Edition for free*

powerless 19:51 25 Apr 2005

*well you pay for shipping.

click here

**The Technology Advancement Program is designed to assist customers who have acquired a new x64 Computer with the intention of replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-4 Processor Version and Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Reduced Media Edition (1-2 Processor Version) (“Windows XP Pro (32 Bit)”) with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition on such system. This program allows customers to exchange a license for Windows XP Pro (32 Bit)for the new version of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.**

Kate B 13:29 26 Apr 2005

Excellent, I expect I'll take them up on this as my new nutter machine will have a 64bit processor. Thanks for the link.

medicine hat 16:27 26 Apr 2005

Better check there are 64bit drivers for all your hardware first. This may help click here

Ancient Learner 17:08 26 Apr 2005

Um! I note that it appears to concern XP Pro only and a pre installed version at that. I had XPHome pre installed which I have upgraded to XPPro (boxed version), so it doesn't seem to apply to me.

Something doesn't sound quite right somehow!

Irishman 20:15 27 Apr 2005

A bit annoyed myself. It does only apply to XP Pro which has been preinstalled onto a computer within the last few months. I find it very strange that Microsoft are not going to extend this offer to those of us who have bought a stand alone version of XP Pro. I would love to know the reasoning behind this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?