Upgrade Tiscali broadband - problems

grumpy-git 16:08 25 May 2007

For about 3 months I have been trying to get my 512 speed broadband upgraded to "Max" broadband.

I've never known such useless customer & technical service. Just sent of my 3rd complaint to the ISPA.

The latest is that they are going to try downgrading me to 2meg (strange, as 492kbps is the best speed I have ever had) & then try upgrading me to Max.

So, it's 4 days for the downgrade to go through, then another 4 days for the upgrade.

Amusing really, when their "faq" states a broadband upgrade should only take 4 days. Wonder if mine will be completed in 4 months?

g-g

pk46 17:00 25 May 2007

Not a very company tobe with there are far better ones out there.

pk46 17:01 25 May 2007

Sorry should have read
Not a very good company tobe with.

Jackcoms 17:31 25 May 2007

"For about 3 months I have been trying to get my 512 speed broadband upgraded to "Max" broadband."

How have you been "trying" to get it upgraded?

All you've got to do is go to the 'My Account' area of Tiscali's website; click on 'Change your existing broadband package'; log in and then click 'Next'. You'll then see all the alternative packages available to you. Click on the one you want and follow the on-screen prompts.

There's no need to deal with Customer Services, Technical Services or any other sort of human being.

When I used this method to upgrade from Tiscali 2MB to ADSL Max about 3 or 4 months ago, the new speed kicked in less than 24 hours later.

extracopy 18:17 25 May 2007

i. agree with jackoms i up graded same as he did without any problems

grumpy-git 18:37 25 May 2007

I tried the upgrade via the "My Account" area but it did not work. The reason, apparently, was that I had a Smart Talk phone package to go with the broadband connection.

That was when the trouble started, trying to deal with people who just don't seem to know what they are doing.

g-g

Jackcoms 18:48 25 May 2007

"The reason, apparently, was that I had a Smart Talk phone package to go with the broadband connection"

What is "Smart Talk"? It's not a Tiscali product as far as I know.

I also have a phone package (Tiscali Talk) with my Tiscali broadband and upgrading via 'My Account' has always been perfectly straightforward.

grumpy-git 19:00 25 May 2007

Smart Talk, follow this link:-

click here

Stuartli 00:22 26 May 2007

I always found that the Tiscali Upgrade/Downgrade service delivered the new speed increase within 24 hours.

grumpy-git 00:58 26 May 2007

Stuartli,

Hello again, that's a familiar name that often pops up in my topics.

I must live in a different part of the country to you, as my experiences of these things are so very different to yours.

Anyway, I have an ongoing topic with Tiscal Broadband Support here:-

click here

You can watch how it progresses over the coming days/weeks/months.

g-g

Stuartli 10:32 26 May 2007

The best person to deal with on the Tiscali forums (if he's still around) is Steve Best - quick to respond and efficient.

However, I'm talking about 18 months or more ago and perhaps the strain of sorting out all those Tiscali customers' complaints or problems may have proved too much in the end...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?