Upgrade: Broadband and PC

blackstorm2k 16:18 09 May 2004

Firstly, my area is about to be broadband enabled within the next 2 months. I am looking for a decent ISP who are well priced and provide a decent service. I want a 512Kbps connection so am looking to pay around £25 a month. Can anyone recommend any good ISPs to me?

Secondly, I want to upgrade my PC. I am looking at a Chieftec Dragon Midi Tower Case, Intel D865 (Bayfield) motherboard, P4 3000Mhz processor, 512MB DDR 400Mhz RAM & XFX Geforce FX 5900 XT. The rest of the components I'm taking from my existing PC. I want to know what suppliers I can buy these parts from, and who are cheap & reliable. I ordered a couple of parts once from 'Insight' who, on both occasions sent me faulty parts that I had to send back. I don't want to make the same mistake again!
Thanks

Pipex.

nazimulali 19:33 09 May 2004

Wanadoo and Tiscali, are both good providers.

BeForU 20:33 09 May 2004

For the Broadband, you could try the PlusNet 512Kbps service at £21.99 a month, which is the one I am also using and thus no problems with them so far after beong their customer for nearly a year.

As for your computer components, you could try places like Ebuyer, Scan, Overclockers, just to name a few. I completely built my PC from stratch buying everything from Ebuyer and never had a problem with it.

Al94 20:35 09 May 2004

click here Recommend Nildram with no hesitation for outstanding customer service and quality of connection.

That Bloke 00:04 10 May 2004

Pipex have been very good for me over the past year, and many friends rave about Plus.net as well.

click here is very good for a comparison of the various providers.

Whilst nazimulali suggests Tiscali, I would suggest looking at this and other forums for other peoples experiences before signing up with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?