Unsolicited Goods

Mundy 22:55 28 Apr 2003

I bought some replacement inkjet cartridges from Cartex about a year ago without any problems. However, due to the number of complaints I've read about them on the forum I've since switched to another supplier. I did in fact support them in an earlier thread click here

However, I have recently returned from holiday to find that they have sent me a inkjet cartridge with an invoice stating that they will debit my credit card for the invoiced amount. I have not had any contact with this company for twelve months so find this rather strange. My credit card has not been debited which I suspect is because I use a Cahoot Webcard (which issues a unique number each time it is used for a stated amount). Has anyone else had similar experiences? What should I do with the goods? as it is of no use to me as it does not match my printer.

Forum Editor 23:15 28 Apr 2003

with the goods. Provided you didn't order the cartridge it comes under the heading of unsolicited goods (as you are obviously aware), and it's yours to keep or dispose of as you see fit.

hellred 23:25 28 Apr 2003

Ergo you can treat this as a present ( Gift ) is the tecnical term. You cannot be asked to pay for it. The distance selling laws recently changed in this regard, seek confirmation from local Trading Standards Office, they will confirm this ..................Free Ink.....happy printing

H-J 23:32 28 Apr 2003

I think you ought to print off a very nice thank you letter to those nice people, and request a purely volentary non-refundable donation towards the cost of the paper and postage <g>.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?