Unhappy with ebuyer

Non Welsh Local 09:37 27 Sep 2005

Just a cautionary tale really, I ordered a new psu from Ebuyer last Thursday and paid for Priority Express Delivery so it would arrive the next day (Friday). It didn't so I stayed in all day Friday for nothing and went to work yesterday, got home to find a note from the courier saying I was out so they could not deliver(they will not leave items without a signature either despite my request to leave item in porch). I've tried emailing Ebuyer but get a undeliverable message, tried holding on the phone for ages before giving up, an enote is quoted as a 7 day response.
Pretty shabby service and after all this I got charged for the Priority Service and I'm having to stay in today to see if they deliver.

Note - I got a confirmation email from ebuyer stating it would be delivered on Friday 23rd Sept!
I'm sure many here will say "oh I've used ebuer for years and no problems" but I feel customer service should be a darn sight better than this.

Totally-braindead 14:47 29 Sep 2005

If you do a search for Ebuyer you will find lots of stories about them, some good some bad. My story falls into the bad category. Vote with your feet as I have done and go to another supplier.

Belatucadrus 16:56 29 Sep 2005

I think many of these problems should be directed more at the courier in question than the supplier, I used to use Novatech and had no problem with them until they started to use Securicor in our area. Almost immediately I started to get a 24 hour delay in delivery and their much vaunted tracking system could never find our house. Most of the time Securicor ended up subcontracted the delivery to somebody else.
I hate to be predictable but ebuyer use City-Link here and they have to date always been spot on with their delivery dates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?