Ukonline

jaraba 11:54 17 Feb 2011

If you have a ukonline email address which you use infrequently then I am afraid you wont be using it anymore as they have closed everything down.

wiz-king 13:02 17 Feb 2011

Only a month late!

GaT7 14:55 17 Feb 2011

Thanks jaraba, I wasn't aware.

The odd thing is, even though their site is closed, I can still send emails using OE from my two UKOnline email addresses.

Although I don't receive any emails sent to either of them from another ISP's email - they appear to get lost in the ether. G

jaraba 17:16 17 Feb 2011

Sorry but I only just found out and as they say "better late than never". :-)

jaraba 17:18 17 Feb 2011

Their aite is closed & if you had set up forwarding from your ukonline address that is kaput also.

GaT7 18:14 17 Feb 2011

jaraba, I know their site is closed (also mentioned this in my previous post), but isn't it odd that I can still SEND emails via OE?! G

jaraba 18:44 17 Feb 2011

Yes it is odd that you can still send emails, but that is probably one of the oddities of life in the electronic highway. :-)

GaT7 19:00 17 Feb 2011

I guess you're right jaraba :-), G

uk-wizard 19:19 17 Feb 2011

They might bounce back in the next 24 to 48 hours!

GaT7 20:30 17 Feb 2011

uk-wizard, I've already sent & received the emails.

Using OE, I sent messages from my two UKOnline email accounts to other non-UKOnline email accounts. They were sent & received successfully.

If I reverse the process - i.e. send from non-UKOnline email accounts to the UKOnline email accounts, nothing is received. G

MAJ 00:28 18 Feb 2011

"Using OE, I sent messages from my two UKOnline email accounts to other non-UKOnline email accounts. They were sent & received successfully.

If I reverse the process - i.e. send from non-UKOnline email accounts to the UKOnline email accounts, nothing is received. G"

That would happen if you're using a different SMTP address (other than UKOnline's) in OE's settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?