UK-Cheapest Hosting Major Communication Problem

Taff™ 14:14 16 Nov 2010

Does anyone know these people?

I have a prospective client who is using UK-Cheapest.co.uk to host a small business site and there are major problems. Her e-mails have been intermittent and the website down for several days over the last week or so. There doesn`t seem to be any way of contacting them except by raising a ticket through their Helpdesk Support.

Trouble is that they don`t answer them. There are 11 tickets marked "Critical" or "Urgent" that have been raised since 3rd November 2010 which have not been responded to and are still marked on their system as "Open" (In fact the first one ever was dated April 2010 and the same.

Their customer is trying to move the .com address away from them but can`t get any response - anyone else had problems with them or know of a way to contact them direct?

ajm 15:30 16 Nov 2010

Does the customer have access to the domain control panel?

Taff™ 15:38 16 Nov 2010

I`ll find out. It`s not mentioned in their welcome e-mail with ftp and hosting credentials.

ajm 15:42 16 Nov 2010

What is the domain name. If oyu dont want to disclose, please send me an email through the yellow envelope and I will advise

Taff™ 22:12 16 Nov 2010

Thanks for that clue. This evening we sent a very firm request to transfer the domain and suddenly we had access to the Domain Control Panel. Unlocking the Domain Name went through and now we have authorisation codes as well.

New hosting service is set up but they say it might take 7 days to finalise. We`ll see, but things are moving at least.

spuds 23:55 16 Nov 2010

Perhaps a word of advice. Watch how the domain or hosting fee is collected, because if its automatic, then this might continue if not cancelled now or in the future, depending on contract terms and conditions.

Taff™ 00:27 17 Nov 2010

Fortunately this outfit aren`t that sophisticated and don`t appear to have any payment methods retained. Details had to be entered to cover the transfer fee which was less than a tenner and not worth the hassle of suing them for breach of contract or misrepresentation, let alone their appalling customer service!

ajm 16:48 17 Nov 2010

Glad all went well.

Taff™ 11:48 23 Nov 2010

All sorted eventually - thanks ajm. Your suggestion led to the right result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?