TV / Freeview Card help required

stannerz 22:07 06 Aug 2006

I am building a media PC and will want to record a free view channel a terrestrial channel whilst watching another channel (free view or analogue). Not sure which TV cards to buy looking at Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual Tuner PCI-Express Card or Hauppauge OEM Pvr 150 Mce 3pk. Looking at running these off windows media centre but have read that media centre will only allow you to record one channel and watch another??? Any one know of a way around this? Any suggestions on TV free view cards dual or otherwise greatly received.

Stuartli 22:19 06 Aug 2006

This is one card that has a dual tuner:

click here

stannerz 23:05 06 Aug 2006

Thanks for the link, I'm not sure I made my question clear. I want to be able to record two different channels from freeview card and the analogue card whilst watching any other channel all at the same time.

Can it be done with three cards and in media centre?

Stuartli 09:04 07 Aug 2006

A Media Centre, to the best of my knowledge, uses XP in the normal way but is geared towards multimedia presentation.

The card I mentioned above, if you actually read the specifications, states that it can record two programmes at once (because it has a dual tuner).

As for a third, I don't see why you can't watch another programme at the same time, but you would probably require a second aerial input to do so.

You would almost certainly require a pretty fast CPU to handle it all.

Dumfy 05:33 09 Aug 2006

I'm looking for more or less the same thing. The one I quite fancy is this one click here

and the best price I've seen it is click here

Hope this helps,

Dumfy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone