TV-DVD Progressive Scan vs RGB

Danoh 15:34 14 Jun 2003

I've read apparent conflicting views on whether progressive scan signals via RGB-scart are better than via component sockets. Technically RGB is less processed but magazine reviews put emphasis on component sockets over RGB-scart.

Also, I'd appreciate info/experience people have on DVD players that output PAL progressive-scan (non-interlaced) signals via RGB-scart and/or component sockets, please.

Danoh 23:07 14 Jun 2003

Realising that I might have posted in the wrong forum, I tried the Helproom and must have broken some kind of PCAdvisor Forum record for the fastest resolution!! click here

So it only remains for me to ask if anyone has any info/experience of decent DVD players that output PAL progressive-scan signals via component sockets, please.

Danoh 14:04 15 Jun 2003

Inappropriate title for a question on PAL progressive-scan DVD players probably ~ ticking as resolved but would welcome later postings.

I've unearthed two so far; Harmon Kardon DVD 25 (£300) and Philips DVD 963SA which can be altered for PAL p-scan (£ 400).

-pops- 14:19 15 Jun 2003

Any use? click here and go to product # LN4958 £210-91 Inc. Just saw it in passing!

Brian

Danoh 23:07 15 Jun 2003

Thanks -pops-. However I need it to be multiregion and it also only outputs NTSC progressive-scan; majority of my DVDs are PAL. But I do appreciate your taking the trouble to bring it to my attention.

With appreciation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?