~TV CARDS~

someboyathome 21:40 17 Dec 2003

I am interested in getting a TV-Card that basically allows me to connect TV in, also connect my PS2, Gamecube etc to my monitor via my computer. I would also like it to be able to connect VCR and store my home videos on my PC and maybe burn them into DVD when I can be bothered.
I want a card that can do all this for a reasonable minimal price.

I have been looking at Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe PCI TV Card as it seems more cost friendly then Hauppauge/WinTV.

click here

This card offers Radio as well, but Im unsure if we enable me to do my other features. Surely if I can connect TV then the VCR, PS2, Gamecube would also connect in the same way?

Anyone with this card or experience or general help would be fantastic

Thanks

Demora 11:36 18 Dec 2003

Have a look at ATI All in wonder stuff too.sometimes pricey but good kit

Demora

someboyathome 14:34 18 Dec 2003

Thanks for the post, but i already have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and a all in wonder would require me to place that, which would be very pricey considering the card I got. Thats what I understand, But I could be wrong.

Thanks again

Chegs ® 15:19 21 Dec 2003

I bought one from Dixons(Pinnacle RAVE) for £40,only able to watch TV thru it(or any other hardware fed into coaxial socket,video recorder,etc)I then visited a puter fair,where I got a Mercury card,that has remote control,AV in,FM Radio,plus TV for £25.The RAVE card crashes my puter whenever I load DX-9b,freezes/blackscreens,etc.The Mercury card came with DX-9a on its install cd,works faultlessly each and every time. :-)

keenan 19:19 21 Dec 2003

This maybe the one ' Chegs ® ' is refering to ?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?