try scale wizard

ronalddonald 13:07 28 Apr 2010

hi all i wanted to tell you all about little gizmo that works wonders for central heating. i saw advertised on one those home shopping channels.

Its called scale wizard and i installed mine two days ago.

I live in hard water area and we have had problems with the boiler and problems with scale. After installing within 24 hours this product worked and the water is softer the central heating is working great and the water from mains tastes like evian water.

The boiler isn't noisy any more and its working great.

I would recommend getting one if you live in a hard water area

I know I've had for two days but its worked wonders within a short space of time

Al94 14:25 28 Apr 2010

It will take several weeks to have any descaling effect, not two days. Also the chemical composition of the water remains unchanged so taste won't be affected. It works by altering the properties of the calcium crystals so that they don't "stick" together. I presume you fitted it to the rising main?

wiz-king 14:51 28 Apr 2010

Your central heating need servicing if you have to top it up - you have a leak! The same water circulates around the system all the time so putting a gadget on the mains water wont help and you definitely would not want to drink it!

MAT ALAN 15:48 28 Apr 2010

In around 4 to 6 weeks, you should notice:

click here

text taken from link...

Woolwell 16:42 28 Apr 2010

As wiz-king states the same water circulates constantly around the central heating system and any gizmo is unlikely to make any difference to your heating. It could make a difference to the hot water, furring of kettle, scale in an iron. At the price they are selling at then I think that the only people really benefiting are those making and selling it.

ronalddonald 18:08 28 Apr 2010

i do know that this gizmo will eventually get rid of lime scale and scales on the inside of pipes and boiler and tank probably in ix weeks time yet the water has changed it feels softer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:18 28 Apr 2010

I wouldn't go as far to say that it is a scam, but you have wasted your money. These devices do not work...where is the lime scale that they *ahem* remove going to go. A cursory knowledge of chemistry and physics should alert anyone to the rubbish that these companies spout.. click here

Devices such as the scale wizard do not remove calcium or other minerals - therefore they do not make the water any softer; all that is happening is that you are suffering from 'the King's new clothes' syndrome. The ONLY thing that works is an Ion Exchange Unit and these are rather costly. Have a look here for some qualified reports and to anyone else even contemplating this.....don't

click here

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?