Try M&S for fuel power

ronalddonald 11:35 24 Jun 2010

After spending too much money on Npower ive switch to M&S and i be saving quite a bit, they be chaarging me £40 for gas a month and £30 for eletric a month, where as i was spending around £180 a month on Npower

Pine Man 11:56 24 Jun 2010

That's really strange. I was with EON and spoke to a nice M&S man at one of their stores and he said he could beat EON by about £80 per year.

I went home and rang M&S to get a firm quote and they said they couldn't match EON because I administered it online and had paperless billing.

I next tried uSwitch. M&S didn't even feature in their list BUT nPower beat EON by well over £100 a year!!!

Today my gas and electric started coming from nPower.

It's hard to believe but my lights are now brighter and the gas cooks twice as fast;-)

ronalddonald 12:26 24 Jun 2010

Pine man ll i can say good for you alas ive been ripped off by Npower for a very long time

ronalddonald 12:28 24 Jun 2010

Pineman I rang the freephone number 0800 294 3263

Pine Man 15:17 24 Jun 2010

'Pineman I rang the freephone number 0800 294 3263'

which is exactly what I did and they said they couldn't compete and suggested I try Scottish & Southern Energy (who they get their power from anyway) and they were not all competitive.

The results of uSwitch are above and the rest is history and the lights are definitely brighter;-)

tullie 16:32 24 Jun 2010

Maybe they seem cheaper because we dont use as much during the summer months,get back to us in 12 months.

ronalddonald 18:16 24 Jun 2010

a bit of contradiction pineman

1.I went home and rang M&S to get a firm quote and they said they couldn't match EON because I administered it online and had paperless billing.

2.I rang the freephone number 0800 294 3263'

which is exactly what I did and they said they couldn't compete and suggested I try Scottish & Southern Energy (who they get their power from anyway) and they were not all competitive.
was online or phone

Pine Man 19:00 24 Jun 2010

You rang the freephone number and I rang the freephone number - agreed.

M&S said they couldn't compete with EON and suggested I ring Scottish Southern Electric. I did and they could not compete with EON on price - ok so far?

I tried uSwitch who showed that nPower were over £100 a year cheaper than EON, who were much cheaper than Scottish Southern Electric and M&S were off the bottom of the list. Still with me?

Ipso facto - of all the fuel suppliers listed above nPower were the cheapest and M&S were the dearest.

Where is the contradiction?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?