Trust V92 56K PCI Modems - take care

Tatiana 13:24 29 Feb 2004

This is a duplicate of a helproom forum discussion, but I think potential purchasers should be aware that the above modem does not appear to support the Modem on Hold function of the V92 spec. This may be a major reason for purchasing a V92 modem. Trust only appear to ship the MOH function in the USA - this is from their FAQ page "Modem on Hold is a seperate application; This function is not included because Modem On Hold works only in USA".
As some UK ISPs and telephone companies in the UK now support this function, I have contacted Trust's Customer Care Department, but so far, no response.

Stuartli 13:39 29 Feb 2004

This may help:

click here

It gives the history of Intel chipset based modems etc but points out there is no Modem on Hold applet.

Looking up the Cirrus/Ambient Technologies websites etc may help or perhaps one of the drivers websites, such as click here (look under T in the A-Z of manufacturers link).

Unfortunately you have to register on the Trust website to gain access to drivers etc so you will have to have a look yourself if you haven't already done so...:-)

click here

Tatiana 20:00 29 Feb 2004

Thanks for the information. I've already checked that the latest drivers available on the Trust site are the same as those on the CD, but I will explore the possibilities on the Cirrus/Ambient Technologies site when I'm more sober - too much info after a few drinks!
Thanks again.

Tatiana 17:01 01 Mar 2004

Finally today I received a response from Trust Customer Care, which, in broken English stated "Dear customer, I'm afraid to told you that this funtion is not supported with this modem,I'm sorry!".
So it appears that not all V92 modems are equal, and some functions are optional!
Moral of the story - DON'T TRUST TRUST!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?