TRUE PRINT PHOTOS

moises 23:01 28 Jan 2003

I know this site is mostly for issues related to p.c.but I don,t know where to post my problem and get some advice. At the end of last year I sent to this cia. 4 films using an envelope that was a litle out of date with the prices. It looks it was increased because of cristmas. I wanted the pic. 100 % bigger and for my surprise I got them in a very small format (half the size). I sent them back and they sent them again saying I got the size according to the money I paid. It looks the only diference is 1 or 2 pounds. My question is : Are they right ?.They shouldn,t had contacted me before and told me I should pay for the diference ?. I want to hear your comments. thanks.

Forum Editor 23:45 28 Jan 2003

this is a computer forum, but as you're here........

It sounds as if there was a bit of confusion here, and you got what you paid for - even if it wasn't what you wanted. I very much doubt that the company would accept liability for what they would no doubt construe as a mistake on your part. The amount involved (£1 or £2) doesn't seem to me to be enough to make an issue over. You presumably have the negatives - why not just ask them to print you some enlargements?

Andsome 09:34 29 Jan 2003

If the envelope was out of date, why didn't you telephone first and ask what the correct price was for the job that you wanted? As regular contributors to this forum know, I don't stand any nonsense from suppliers, and always stand up for my rights, but also give credit when it is due. In this case however you got what you paid for, and cannot expect a company to act like a charity. Also you cannot expect a company to take the trouble to contact everyone with queries about such a low priced item as photo processing. They probably handle many thousands of jobs per week, and cannot be expected to pay staff to query orders with customers, especially as you say up to a couple of pounds was involved.

Ellie3009 12:21 29 Jan 2003

As an ex-employee of Kodak processing I can see why moises might now be miffed.
To get a whole film of enlargements printed will cost far more than it would have to print the whole roll 5" in the first place.
And Andsome, to be fair, I have a truprint envelope in my hand and I can't find a phone number anywhere on it, nor a date on the envelope which the prices are valid until.
I have had problems with out of date prices and truprint in the past, but they just sent me an invoice for the money I owed and did the work as I requested it.

To moises, I doubt there is much you can do here. Perhaps stick to the shops in the future and then you know what you are getting!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?