True alternatives to Windows Live Mail

MikeSA 19:43 11 May 2016

In view of Microsoft’s announcement that Windows Live Mail will soon reach end of life and will no longer be supported, besides Thunderbird and FossaMail, which other free email apps can truly be deemed perfect alternatives to Windows Live Mail.

I have tried Zimbra, emClient, Pegasus, Sylpheed, Inky, Incredimail, Mailbird and even the Mail App in Windows 10 but none has been satisfactory. Is there not a free desktop email client out there that is greatly similar to Windows Live Mail?

Ofcourse irrespective of Microsoft’s decision, I could continue using Windows Live Mail but after I had installed Update KB3093594 as advised by Microsoft itself, I have had nothing but grief due to numerous problems that arose. I need to switch to another email client that is very much similar to Windows Live Mail.

All responses would be appreciated.

Nontek 21:13 11 May 2016

I have used Incredimail for years, have never even tried WLM.

Govan1x 08:21 12 May 2016

I have used Windows live mail for years and had no idea that it was going to be phased out.

I did read this this morning which I thought summed up Microsoft really well.

[Microsoft, how come much of what you do these days makes life more miserable for computer users instead of making it easier?]

James Morrow 13:19 12 May 2016

Agree, windows 10 mail is rubbish. Please give feedback to Microsoft as I did stating why discontinue such a perfect email client.

Jollyjohn 15:38 12 May 2016

Mozilla Thunderbird - I can recommend this eMail client, have used it for years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?