trouble with belkin router

musiclady 17:44 23 Oct 2006

im using a 4 port belkin router and im not sure if its on his way to the grave.I keep losing my internet connection.Im with NTL they have been and upgraded my modem.Today they tested my connection which was fine.I have not any trouble before with the router but now its is very intermittant with its connect.Im using xp pro 3.5 ghz

vinnyT 12:11 24 Oct 2006

I've heard lots of good stuff about belkin customer support, give them a call/email and see if they can help.

May be worth finding the receipt/warrenty details, if your router is still covered they may replace it.

Hope this helps.

hastelloy 13:17 24 Oct 2006

As vinnyT says Belkin customer support is great. I had a wireless router which went wrong well outside any warranty period. Belkin went through everything they could think of over the phone and concluded that the router was faulty. They replaced it free of charge and I didn't have to send the old one back.

Dizzy Bob 08:49 25 Oct 2006

I believe that Belkin offer a lifetime waranty on *most* of their products.

As VinnyT says contact them, it is even a free number! but I can't find it. I will check when I am at work,unless anyone beats me to it :-)

DB

Dizzy Bob 10:41 25 Oct 2006

00-800-223-55-460

Regards,

DB

Smiler 12:12 25 Oct 2006

Have you tried restarting the router.
Type in 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and press enter. In the setup page that appears click on "resatart router" it's under Utilities in the column on the left.
If you have a password enter it here (Most people don't have one) If not then leave blank and click on the submit button then yes to any other boxes that appear. After about a minute you will return to the main screen and all should be well.
I'm on NTL and have to do this occassionally. But it's not the fault of NTL it's the router.

Smiler 12:13 25 Oct 2006

PS I too have a Belkin four port/wireless router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone