tried Cartridge World ?

wallbash 00:02 26 Jun 2004

Any one tried Cartridge World , new one near me. There web site is a bit vague! Did you take in empty printer cartriges, did they fill while you wait, or did you have to return.
Any ideas of cost, if fact any info

deep-joy 08:10 26 Jun 2004

They did a Lexmark cartridge while I waited and had to go back and collect a Samsung laser toner - very pleased with service and cost.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:22 26 Jun 2004

I tend to find compatibles are as cheap....

G

joe95 10:33 26 Jun 2004

I use them all the time excellent service and also very helpful if you have any problems with your printer.

spuds 11:02 26 Jun 2004

They will fill whilst you wait,which is great in an emergency situation,and I find the staff very informative. You normally supply you empty cartridge, but they do stock replacements. I took a Canon E30 toner cartridge in for a refill, and this cost £45.00 which included the replacement and fitting of new components parts. A new E30 is about £80.00.In the case of toners, if they do not have the component kits, then you may have to wait a day or two.

Before you consider a cartridge refill,I would check for on-line prices., as I find that Cartridge World are not always the cheaper method. It must be a paying game for the franchisee, as the two chaps who opened their first Cartridge World store in my area,about nine months ago, have now opened a second store, and are considering opening another one. Three stores in about twelve months cannot be bad, so it must be a success.

Stuartli 14:46 27 Jun 2004

I have an 82-year-old friend who got a new computer last year (her first) which included a Lexmark printer.

She asked about compatible cartridges and tried first Staples and then Cartridge Club (refills) examples in both black and colour for the Lexmark.

Verdict to date - Staples far superior to Cartridge Club. Plans to try Morrisons and Tesco equivalents later...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?