Travel insurance query

VNAM75 23:50 13 Aug 2008

3 weeks ago my mum wasn't able to take a flight to Sweden she booked and paid with easyjet because on the day before the flight she burnt her arm and had to see a doctor and get it bandaged.

My cousin arranged everything and has decided just now, after 3 weeks, to get me to try to see if we can claim a refund through the travel insurance policy, while she herself has gone on holiday - very convenient.

The insurance company is mondial I think. I've had a quick look and it says under personal injury claims you need evidence of injury, eg doctors note, photographs. My mum did get a doctors note but that has been posted off to sort out her benefits claim, and her injury has almost healed so I'm not sure if we can take a photograph.

Would my mum still be able to claim a refund?

spuds 00:02 14 Aug 2008

Only Mondail (if they are the insurers) and the insurance policy would have the answer about making a claim. A doctors note, stating the severity of the injury and that your mother was unfit to travel would possibly convince the insurers.

I would also suggest that copies of any correspondence are always obtained, insurance companies can be very funny when claims are made.

VNAM75 00:10 14 Aug 2008

spuds, the problem is my cousin has left it so late to sort out. If I'd known earlier, I would have made a copy of the doctors note. So now either my mum gets a new doctors note based on an injury she hasn't got anymore, or the doctor agrees to provide a copy of the original note. What a mess. I'll make sure she knows its all her fault if we cant claim the refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?