Toshiba vs Acer

NotVeryTechie 14:39 29 Feb 2008

Any thoughts on Toshiba vs Acer laptops - in the lower price range (around £450 - 600)?

mossytd 15:33 29 Feb 2008

Personally, I do not have a favorite for either or. I have worked with both and would find the two to be on an even par.

07patty 16:26 29 Feb 2008

The acer wins overall. Better value. Better Service. And boy, the screen (crystalbrite) looks AMAZING!

redsparrow 17:01 29 Feb 2008

Own one of each, 1yr old toshiba and 1 mth old acer. Both great laptops, both good screens . Acer are slightly cheaper. Not had to use either of the technical support, so cannot comment on that. The Acer i have is now on special at click here absolute bargain for the spec (i paid more).

Ranger 22:30 29 Feb 2008

I bought two Acer products, both went wrong, support was useless, I have never used them again, although I must admit I was tempted to buy a system from them as it looked good value for money, spoke to my son who works in IT, they tried a Acer system on a trial basis, they binned it, he told me my first thoughts about Acer were true, "keep away from them"

Ranger 22:32 29 Feb 2008

Forgot to say I have a Toshiba laptop, I don't know what their support is like, I have never had a problem with it.

De Marcus™ 22:39 29 Feb 2008

For me, Toshiba wins out on all out quality, Acer come a very close second with out and out versatility. Tosh's tend to be built better whilst Acer's tend to have more features or the 'more for your money, effect'

NotVeryTechie 11:42 03 Mar 2008

Thanks guys for all the responses. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires