Toshiba laptop - P500 1DT - new printer required?

sheila.weston 15:52 31 Dec 2010

I am thinking of buying a Toshiba Satellite P500-1DT Laptop, Intel Core i5, 500GB, 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM at click here. How do I find if I would need a new printer and scanner?

The scanner is an Epson 3200 photo and the printer is a Canon Pixma 4300.

100andthirty 16:48 31 Dec 2010

Go to the Epson and Canon web sites and find out whether Windows 7 drivers are available.

My reading of the Epson website suggests you can get the drivers for the scanner. The Canon website suggests that the Canon driver comes with Windows 7 or via Windows Update, and then there's an expansion module on the Canon website.

spuds 17:13 31 Dec 2010

If you are not sure about the Epson, then use their website 'live chat line', and one of their advisers will provide information and possible download links. You can print-off the conversation, or use the links direct.

sheila.weston 16:22 01 Jan 2011

Many thanks.

The Canon Website at click here *sounds* as if the first one would be suitable for the 4300, but I am not sure:

1. Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (2)

This product is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers as included in Windows 7.

Compatibility:

Operating system(s): Windows 7, Windows 7 64bit

Language(s): Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

I think that the Toshiba is 64 bit. Also, of course, the Toshiba is suitable for a wireless printer, which I don't think that my printer is.

ordep 11:20 06 Jan 2011

Try talking to Toshiba themselves.
I've spoken with them a few times regarding my daughters laptop.

The best help line ever, in my opinion.

Friendly & helpful, a rarity these days.

0844 847 8944

sheila.weston 17:31 06 Jan 2011

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?