toshiba laptop A300-211 from John Lewis

dorako 23:16 09 Feb 2009

has anyone bought this toshiba A300-211 laptop from John Lewis?

click here

549 pounds inc 2 years warranty.

I want to use for photoshop, illustrator, dream waver, internet and office.

This has only 2GB RAM and I am worried it might be too small for these purspose.

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400
processor speed/ 2GHZ
RAM/ 2GB
Hard Disc/ 320GB
Graphic card, video RAM/ 828MB
Graphics card/ Mobile Intel GMA 4500M HD
wiress networking/ 802.11a/g/n

not too sure about graphic card,video Ram means..also wiress networking..

Is this good offer???

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 00:41 10 Feb 2009

Seems a little over priced to my mind but I've not been in UK for some months so am not up to date.

It has shared memory for graphics so that will be a limiting factor. As you imply, you may need more RAM for the software you plan to use.

The wi-fi adaptor is fine for connecting to a wireless network.

spuds 12:16 10 Feb 2009

When I was in the local John Lewis recently, I found the computer range very limited, and somewhat overpriced. But they do and will price-match.I also found that the sales-person wasn't all that savvy on the stock range, but I put that down to it being a brand new store, just getting its act together.

I know nothing about the Toshiba, but I believe the forum editor likes and as used that brand.

With regards to the warranty, John Lewis gives up to 5 years free coverage on a number of their products, especially things like television sets.So it might pay to recheck that, as it could be an extra bonus, if you can gain extra years. Having said that though, any warranty work, would most likely be done via Toshiba, which might not be a bad thing!.

One other point of possible interest, is that they do an 'interest free' finance loan, which might be helpful. But watch the small print.

Apologies perhaps in order for rambling on, and not answering your actual question! ;o)

The Brigadier 16:19 10 Feb 2009

Find the Toshiba somewhere else & John Lewis will normally match the price!

dorako 16:37 10 Feb 2009

looks like everyone does not like the idea to get from John Lewis... even with 2 years warranty?
It worth about 140 pounds and I thought 400 pounds for this computer is quite cheap...no??

Does 2GB RAM enough for my graphic applications??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?