Top Up TV - What Can I Do!

babybell 12:59 13 Aug 2009

I had a freeview box with a Top Up TV card which cost £10 a month. The box broke and I took it back to Comet. I am now trying to cancel my Top Up TV account. The problem is, I have been ringing on and off, at different times of the day, for 3 days now and all I get is hold messages. I have sent them an email and have heard nothing. The payment is charged to my Debit card and so there is no Direct Debit to cancel either. I am lost as what to do next, I really hate donating them 5p a minute whilst on hold just to get nowhere!

oresome 13:17 13 Aug 2009

For correspondence, write to PO Box 801, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY2 6WW

Can you not call the bank with whom the debit card is with and ask them to stop future payments?

anchor 14:48 13 Aug 2009

If all else fails, send them a special delivery letter cancelling the agreement, (assuming you are not tied in to a minimum contract period). Nick Markham is their CEO.

click here

Then inform your bank that your debit card has been lost. They will then cancel it and issue a new one, with a new number.

I am sure if TopUp TV will then contact YOU if they decide to try, & fail to get any money.

961 19:03 13 Aug 2009

Although you cannot cancel a regular payment to a credit card my understanding is that debit cards are different, being linked to your bank account. If you have online banking you may be able to see, and cancel, the payment in your "regular payments"

Try ringing your bank and ask to speak to a senior official

If the debit card is a Visa card there is a chargeback system that can help. Ignore any bank official who says there isn't

Stuartli 10:42 14 Aug 2009

Have you used the Help Centre Support number?

click here

anchor 16:33 14 Aug 2009

Stuartli: Yes babybell said he/she had called quite a number of times, but only received on hold messages, costing 5p/min, and was never able to speak to anyone. E-mails were ignored.

Stuartli 16:36 14 Aug 2009

Yes, I was aware of that, but quite often there are two or three sources of help; that's why I posted the official Support web page.

sidecar sid 17:30 14 Aug 2009

A couple of numbers to try from Saynoto0870.
01592 587244
01592 587200

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?