Top service for a change

Zaphod 3 20:01 02 Jun 2008

Our HP laptop's wireless stopped working. Phoned HP last Wednesday, picked up Thursday, back with us today.

There wiil be those who say that it should not have broken within six months. I find it reassuring that when things go wrong, some companies do their best to solve the problem quickly and with the minimum of fuss. If only their were a few more like them.

sean-278262 20:17 02 Jun 2008

At least you didn't have an Acer, I did up until my new machine and it took them nearly a month to sort a failed drive out and they even kindly missed pick up on the day they said they would and to boot shipped it back to the wrong address requiring me to get it shipped back to me from there.

HP from experience are quite good, but my sister had a HP and while the issue of a failed drive was not as quickly sorted as your problem was it was done in under 2 weeks. HP seem to push customer service as an important part unlike some manufacturers.

A

ronalddonald 21:15 02 Jun 2008

it all depens on the company your dealing with. Some are good and some sadly are a waste

Strawballs 12:07 03 Jun 2008

I,ve had an HP laptop for 3 yrs now (zv5000) it has had to go back 4 times now once after just over a month for a new screen and 3 times for problems with charging but each time the service has been exelent the first 3 times back within 3 working days via courier the last time 1 month before warrenty run out for charging problems this time after 2 weeks phoned them up and was told waiting for parts, when it returned another week later they had not just sorted out the charging problems they had changed the touch pad screen hinges bezel around the edge and even the rubber feet that were missing.

spuds 12:28 03 Jun 2008

Not sure if HP laptops come under the same wings as HP printers. But I have had a problem with a HP 3180 all-in-one, and HP have been brilliant in finding a solution to the problem. Even their emails seem to provide a one to one person contact, and you cannot asked for any better than that. Would add that the problem was soon solved, with answers that I would have never thought about (using drivers from a completely different HP printer model).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?