TOM TOM SERVICE 10 out of 10

peugeot man 06:38 22 Mar 2011

Last week I noticed that my 3 year old GO530 had developed a cracked case, in my opinion it started at one of the rear screw fixings, possibly due to over tightening at the point of manufactur.

I contacted TomTom who agreed to have the item back for a free examination and would estimate me for the cost of repair if it was found to not be a manufacturing defect.

Tuesday: Free packaging and pre paid special delivery envelope arrived.

Wednesday: Posted faulty item.

Friday: Email received conmfirming safe receipt of item.

Friday: 2 hours later second Email confirming dispatch of my item, with tracking number. "Expect delivery Monday"

Saturday: 10am Royal Mail delivery of a new replacement item free of charge.

If only all customer service could be like that.

Forum Editor 08:07 22 Mar 2011

In theory it could, although replacements that happen that quickly depend on stock-holding.

It means that sellers understand the importance to the business of providing good after-sales service, and sadly many suppliers just don't get it.

I'm not saying it's easy - there are all kinds of pressures on suppliers - but happy customers will often do what you've done, and the message spreads.Over time a reputation is built up, and the rest follows. Then comes the difficult job of maintaining standards as sales volumes increase, but that's another story.

It all starts with senior management, and in my experience that's often where it grinds to a halt or to put it more precisely, doesn't get off the ground.

anchor 09:30 22 Mar 2011

peugeot man: congratulations on your success.

However, from reading other TomTom forums, it seems that the company are not very often as helpful.

I can only think that your problem was not unique; hence the repair/exchange.

peugeot man 10:21 22 Mar 2011

I can only comment on my own experiences, I have owned three TomToms and have always found their service to be excellent. My older 2 models have been passed on to family members who still find them reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?