TOM TOM, Sat Nav

SteveyBoi 15:31 28 Feb 2006

I have a Tom Tom One and the SD card has been corrupted. Can someone please send me their back up files of their card for me to put on a new one??

sunny staines 16:07 01 Mar 2006

you need to contact tomtom & confirm your registration pars and they will sort out

g0nvs 16:50 01 Mar 2006

I take it you did'nt make a back up ??

SteveyBoi 22:40 01 Mar 2006

No I didnt take a back up and I dont really want to pay 50 euros for the new card, all I need is someone to send me the files that they have backed up. I can then put these on a new SD card.

Hope sum1 can help me

JM45 08:07 02 Mar 2006

I understand you can download the system files from Tom Tom web site but if you have lost your map I think you will have to buy another.

anchor 09:40 02 Mar 2006

Files from other cards are unlikely to work due to product activation reasons. If you didn't make a back up before formatting the card you will have to contact Tom Tom support.

Contact TomTom and explain the position. They will probably ask for evidence of ownership, (a sales receipt), but there is a good chance they might help. It`s worth a try!.

Call TomTom on 0845 161 0009, (it is often engaged, or there is a long wait to be answered).

You can also send an e-mail message direct from the TomTom web site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?