Tom Tom One charging

User-312386 22:19 19 Jun 2006

Hi all

I bought my tom tom one as per some great advise here.

One little problem, the first tom tom one that i bought stopped charing when the weather got hot and the interior became hot, i duly changed at the shop.

However, the new does exactly the same in hot weather. Does anyone have this problem? I also noticed that the cigar charger is a little loose in the vehicle and has to be wiggled before it starts charging. I have tried this in friends cars as well and its the same

The question i am asking really is have any of you had charging issues with there Tom Tom One?

I have spoken with Tom Tom direct and they have advised they have not been advised of any charging problems.

harryoo 08:05 20 Jun 2006

I also bought the Tom Tom One because of the good reports on this forum. I have found the charger to be a tight fit, no movement at all.Also no problems with hot weather( and it has been hot recently).

anchor 09:38 20 Jun 2006

Try doing a search, or registering and posting a query, on the forum below; one of the best for SatNavs.

click here

The fact that TomTom say NO, does`nt mean a thing. They still deny any problems have been reported with the windscreen mount of the latest x10 series. Lots of people have had difficulties with that.

However, I have not previously read of problems with the charging on the TomTom One. I have a TomTom 700, which possibly uses the same charger, and never had problems. It was used in France last year when the outside temp was 39 degrees; heaven know what it was inside the car when parked up.

User-312386 16:55 20 Jun 2006

Thanks for your advise

I have posted in the other forum

Sapins 19:18 20 Jun 2006

The problem, I think, lies in the connection of the charger to the unit. If you move it slightly you lose the connection, it has happened 3 times when I tried to do a back up, once when I picked it up to move it on the desk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?