tny.com and supanet

cturner 12:15 04 May 2004

I have just had my new pc delivered afteragonising calls to tiny.com ,after setting up i realise I can only get supanet isp which I have had to subscribe to,I understand that if I ring Tiny they will tell me how to get supanet dial up from my PC but quite frankly I dont really want to ring Tiny up one one time as I have had untold telephone conversations with them and cut off more times than I care to remember.I have been with AOL for 6 years and would like to continue with them .Can anyone please help me get rid of this Supanet so I can install AOL I have even resorted to buying an external modem as I was told this would work but it dosent or perhaps I am installing wrongly.HELP

Try looking click here

rickf 12:41 04 May 2004

The only way to get rid of it is by calling them. If I remember correctly it is a two part process. The first bit you have to do yourself and the second bit with their help. I think they have to give you a code to remove it. When I find the article in a recent comp. mag. I'll post here.

rickf - It is not necessary to involve Tiny or Time - look at the link I posted.cturner did state in his post that he did not want to go to the expense of contacting Tiny.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:15 04 May 2004

You need to sign up to Supanet and create a "classic" pay as you go account, and register your username and password.

Once you have done this you can go online (using Supanet) and go to the following website.
click here
Sign in and choose De-optimise Dialler PC. (there will be lots of nag screens but persevere!)

Follow onscreen instructions and your modem will be unlocked allowing you to set up with another ISP.

The process takes about 10mins to do and is quite easy. Hope this helps anyone who has bought a PC from Tiny/Time

G

I give up

Diodorus Siculus 17:56 04 May 2004

ELECTRON99 - why? Seems like your link was good.

pj123 11:56 05 May 2004

There was a thread about this problem some time ago, unfortunately, a search has not found it. In essence it said you don't have to stick with Supanet. If you contact the Time/Tiny rep on this forum (which is now Daniel Warren) he will tell you how to overcome it. He can be contacted at daniel.warren@timecomputers.com or alternatively maybe he would like to make a comment on the Forum?

Stuartli 16:16 05 May 2004

I would consider any company "forcing" its own ISP service on to me via one of its new systems to be completely out of order.

You should claim back any expenses incurred, no matter how small, as a gesture of annoyance.

It certainly wouldn't receive any business from me.

I had a similar type of problem recently with a company whose products I tried unsuccessfully to order online.

As this did not work I phoned up to place the order. A three month period of complete ineptitude followed from the firm's employees with regard to the order, which meant several followup phone calls.

I claimed these phone call expenses back from the company and shortly afterwards received a cheque for £1.53.

Admittedly a small amount, but I intended to make a point - it would have also proved annoying as well as costly in administrative terms for the firm. It won't get any future business either.

Ixora 22:01 05 May 2004

If you follow the instructions given by Gandalf then you should be able to change your ISP with no bother. Useing this procedure I have switched my daughters and sons computers over from Supanet to Blueyonder. As Gandalf says with a bit of patience you can do it in about 10 minutes.

pj123 16:29 08 May 2004

Doesn't seem to be any sign of this Daniel Warren the so-called rep for Time/Tiny Computers. Perhaps he doesn't exist?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone