Tiscali Service Questions

Rob_08 12:26 27 Feb 2008

My Fiancee is in Canada and im in the UK for now, i am with Orange but they limit me to 1000 minutes a month talk time on the voip phone, does tiscali limit your phone time to international destinations ?
sometimes we talk 3 hours a day eeeek.
Also how are you finding Tiscali ? I have been reading some horror stories about them . Slow connections etc. Are they ok ?

Any help much appreciated.

Clapton is God 12:36 27 Feb 2008

You always hear horror stories about big companies because they have more customers to moan. Don't forget that Tiscali is Europe's biggest ISP and one of the biggest in the world.

I've been with them since their screaming.net days (12+ years, I really can't remember) and I'm perfectly happy.

I currently use their up to 8mb package including free UK and international phone calls 24/7 for £19.99 per month (including line rental).

The free phone time is limited to 60 minutes per call, but you can always hang up after 59 minutes and call again!

Stuartli 12:44 27 Feb 2008

Tiscali's offer still doesn't match TalkTalk's International3 Package of "up to 8MB" broadband, free AnyTime UK and International calls and line rental for £20.50.

Tiscali's free international calls are limited to just 10 countries, whereas it's 55 with TalkTalk...:-)

Rob_08 12:48 27 Feb 2008

Sooo TalkTalk or Tiscali.

Soon i'll have to decide.

Do both you guys find the internet connections stable and fast ? Any down times ?

sorry but its a big step changing ISP's like moving house really ! lol.

Clapton is God 12:49 27 Feb 2008

I doubt if I know 55 people who I'd want to call on a regular basis (or even 10, to be honest), so I won't be rushing out to switch ISP. ;-)

Clapton is God 12:51 27 Feb 2008

"find the internet connections stable and fast ?"

Yes

"Any down times ?"

Very occasionally (and, even then, only for short periods), but I doubt if you'll find any ISP that NEVER has any down time

Rob_08 13:39 27 Feb 2008

Thank you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone