Tiscali Sell-out

wotan 15:37 18 Dec 2006

What do members think of the news about Tiscali selling their U.K. arm off, and can anyone recommend a good alternative ISP.
My requirements are
Free local and national phone calls, including Channel Isles at anytime.
Minimum 2G surf anytime Broadband
I have these at present with Tiscali, costing £24.99 per month (Landline supplied by B.T. at £ 37.00 per Quarter). But it looks as though this could go south with taleovers being discussed by Sky/NTL etc. and I may need to change supplier.
I have already spoken to Talk Talk and NTL and they do not cover Channel Isles.
I live in Merseyside area and would be grateful for any ideas.
Wotan

Jimmy14 15:53 18 Dec 2006

where are you getting that Tiscali is being sold off from?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:55 18 Dec 2006

Link please as I cannot find anything on this. Even if they do sell off the UK division why not wait and see what happens...you may be delighted.

G

Jimmy14 15:56 18 Dec 2006

just found it.
click here

wotan 16:14 18 Dec 2006

Hi Gandalf and Jimmy14,
Sorry, I should have provided the link for this in my first mailing. I can see the sense of what Gandalf is saying, but previous experience tells me that future purchasers of the business will want existing Tiscali customers to transfer to packages they already offer, and unfortunately many of these fall short of my requirements as I have friends and relatives in the Channel Islands. Hence my getting ready to jump ship at the first sign of 'Sorry but we cannot support your present package'.

Jackcoms 16:17 18 Dec 2006

I'm with Tiscali and I'm inclined to wait and see what happens rather than jumping ship.

spuds 19:42 18 Dec 2006

Tiscali have been in a selling mood for some time now, so I suppose the UK market was open for the best buyer, whoever that might be. Just have to wait and see what the new year brings.

I was with Lineone (Mary Turner was in charge) and the transfer/merger to Tiscali went fairly smooth, let's hope the next move (if any), will be just as painless!.

harps1h 21:56 18 Dec 2006
  harps1h 21:57 18 Dec 2006

sorry wrong thread

mymate 09:35 19 Dec 2006

Is it just the free phone calls you are going to miss ? why don't you look up 18185.You can call from your land line for just a 5p connection charge,and talk for as long as you ,all day every day .

Kate B 10:24 19 Dec 2006

Or even better, Skype.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?