Tiscali - Poor Service... Still!

dalerc 16:37 06 Mar 2008

Tiscali over-charged me for a service never received (Anytime Talk) despite sending me a letter saying that it had been set up between themselves & BT. Letters from both companies referred to a service start date of January 07 – After being away for a year I found BT were still charging for telephony / Tiscali charging for Anytime Talk
Despite contacting Tiscali by letter, phone and email I heard nothing about my concerns.
I stopped my direct debit with a view to cancelling my subscription
Within 3 days I get a letter re: my direct debit cancellation (but nothing about my contact them for help)
I telephoned & wrote back to Tiscali
I finally received an email & letter stating that a refund would be made - no mention of the cost Tiscali had caused by not setting up the telephony service I had subscribed to!
I received a letter from Tiscali demanding the monthly broadband fees, despite owing me a refund
I tried to contact Tiscali again, numerous times by telephone & email, again no response
Finally I decided to cancel my account
I telephoned & wrote to Tiscali advising of the above on 01/02/08
Letter from Tiscali demanding monthly broadband fees on 08/02/08
I telephoned Tiscali again and told them I had cancelled my account, I was told there was no reference number to this action but was assured that the account was closed and that the (never supplied) Anytime Talk service was also cancelled. I wrote to Tiscali on 14/02/08 stating the above.
28/02/08 - Another letter from Tiscali demanding monthly broadband fees - Again I telephoned Tiscali this time to be told that my account had not been cancelled?!!? I explained that I had cancelled the account in writing (twice) and by telephone: I was told that there was no record of this!
Both my daughter & son telephoned Tiscali on my behalf to be told the same. My son cancelled the account by telephone again.
Whilst all of this was happening my husband was terminally ill & died at the end of Jan.08 It has been an extremely stressful time without enduring the problems Tiscali have caused. Nobody seems to listen.
Again another demand from Tiscali for the monthly fees!!!! Arrrghghghg! More emails sent to complaints department and still no reply!
Why don't they listen?
What can I do next?
Help..... I'm going mad!!!!!

ened 17:18 06 Mar 2008

Call: 020 70872000

Ask for Richard Lawrence - He is high level complaints

dalerc 16:28 07 Mar 2008

Thanks ened.. Will do.

spuds 18:20 07 Mar 2008

Possible further advice and help, if all else fails click here click here

dalerc 16:21 11 Mar 2008

thanks for your help and advice everyone - letter received, (response) to my letter sent on 1st Feb. Great service hey? Over one month to respond....! Do you think they need to employ some more staff? Yet another example of a company getting 'too big' for customer service i guess?

dalerc 22:37 17 Mar 2008

HELP....... HELP....... HELP.........
ANOTHER LETTER FROM TISCALI TODAY.... STATING THAT I AM BEING REFERRED TO DEBT COLLECTORS!
DESPITE LETTERS.... DESPITE PHONE CALLS.... DESPITE EMAILS....
WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN?
WHY DON'T THEY RESPOND?
WHAT CAN I DO? THEY REFUSE TO ACCEPT MY REQUEST TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT! FIRST FORMAL REQUEST MADE ON 01 FEB 2008...
RANG CUSTOMER SERVICES ANOTHER TIME TODAY (DREAD TO THINK WHAT THIS HAS COST ME!) NOW THEY DENY RECEIVING ANY LETTERS AT ALL...
ARE THEY TRYING TO MAKE ME HAVE A BREAK DOWN...

jaritch 08:57 18 Mar 2008

This is appalling and must be extremely stressful for you. I am far from an expert on these things I'm sure that there are others on here who can advise you better. I think if I was in your situation I would head down to my local Citizens Advise with copies of all the correspondence gathered since this began. Get their advice and maybe they can step in to help.

Perhaps someone with better knowledge could comment on this idea and if I am barking up the wrong tree I apologize. Dalerc needs assistance here!!

ened 09:12 18 Mar 2008

Your not alone!

I was promised a refund from Tiscali ('but it might take two weeks') two weeks ago today.

Surprise surprise - no refund has been forthcoming and I am about to get my credit card to contest the entire payment.

scot275 09:42 23 Mar 2008

your issue is not a difficult one to resolve, I have dealt with Tiscali in the past and the staff on the phones have always been helpful to myself.

You need to speak to Tiscalis Billing team who can get this misunderstanding sorted for you, failing to get through to there lines (which can be busy!!!) you can search the internet for a landline number (say no to 0870) and this will provide you with a number to get through to there complaints team where your issue will be resolved ASAP.

I used this number and they fixed my problems in a matter of days

If you do this (on tuesday with tomorrow being a bank holiday) I am sure they can help you out with this issue

Eskarina 10:08 23 Mar 2008

Scot 275, with all due respect, you may have had an easy time of it but it seems poor dalerc has been jumping through hoops to sort this issue out !

And now he's been threatened with being referred to debt collectors !

That is a particularly nasty tactic to use and I know just how bad it feels, as I have had the same experience from the Heartinternet hosting company.

They have sent me debt collectors letters for not paying for a product I don't even want.

No-one should be forced to jump through hoops and be threatened in this manner. It's a disgrace and both companies need to sort their priorities out.

Hope you resolve your issue soon Dalerc

harps1h 10:12 23 Mar 2008

tiscali did the same with me so i rang them up and they sorted it all out on the phone. all the same the are a hateful bunch and their CS is terrible..............their advantage in staying in business is a strong marketing team

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017