Tiscali Offer -New Customers only?

ened 15:01 15 Jan 2008

I see Tiscali are offering new customers 8meg for £6:49 for three months.

Nothing wrong with that: they all do something similar.

BUT: then the rate rises to £12:99 whilst existing customers are paying £17:99 for the same thing.

I had a quick look in 'My Account' and all I am being offered is a wireless router so long as I commit to another twelve months!

Stuartli 15:22 15 Jan 2008

You know what to do...:-)

MAJ 15:40 15 Jan 2008

Oh dear !!

tullie 15:42 15 Jan 2008

Its like buying anything,someone will allways find a cheaper price.

Stuartli 16:32 15 Jan 2008

The point being made is that existing customers have to pay almost 50 per cent more than new subscribers who, however, enjoy the same benefits.

Stuartli 16:33 15 Jan 2008

Still a long way off the incredible value for money of TalkTalk's International3 package...:-)

MAJ 16:41 15 Jan 2008

"I see Tiscali are offering new customers 8meg for £6:49 for three months"

Bear in mind also, that if it turns out to be a [email protected] service, as so many are experiencing, it'll cost about £120 to get Tiscali off your line and back to BT.

ened 16:43 15 Jan 2008

There's nothing worse than a reformed smoker!!

As you will possibly remember I have stuck with Tiscali through some troubled times.

I don't really want to change for various reasons (not the least of which is having to change my log-on details with all the online sites I visit) but they have sorely tried my patience in the past and this will be just plain naughty.

I feel sure that, if existing customers pushed it, they would get the new deal, but you shouldn't have to. It should be automatically offered.

What ever happened to rewarding loyalty?

setecio 15:59 16 Jan 2008

Nope, they aren't .... you have to take the phone calls with them too, which is deceptive advertising as raised in my recent thread

click here

spuds 13:37 17 Jan 2008

Like you, I have been with Tiscali for a long time, and changing to another ISP would be very inconvenient. Literally spending a number of days, looking seriously at various other mainstream ISP's and other options, I have decided to stay with Tiscali (the devil you know perhaps!), and take up one of their offers.

I would suggest that you check all the terms and conditions of the offers being made, because new customers are offered better short term advantages, and present 'loyal' customers can perhaps fall foul of some of the offers and wording on contracts during 'upgrading' of your account.In my case, I was asked to pay a further £30.00 set-up fee, £5.00 more for an 'upto' 8 Mb service, which would have included free line rental and certain free telephone calls. In the end, I managed to get the further £30.00 set-up fee canceled, plus all the extras on payment of £14.99 per month (my previous rate).So upgrading to a far better deal, hasn't really cost any extra, in fact I am saving a fair amount of money, by transferring and upgrading. Didn't receive a 'free' wireless router (as yet) because I was a previous customer.

Regarding the £12.99 charge for new customers, I would suggest, that this lower price option might be available to all customers (new/old) in a few months time ;o)

spuds 14:03 17 Jan 2008

Like you, I have been with Tiscali for a long time, and changing to another ISP would be very inconvenient. Literally spending a number of days, looking seriously at various other mainstream ISP's and other options, I have decided to stay with Tiscali (the devil you know perhaps!), and take up one of their offers.

I would suggest that you check all the terms and conditions of the offers being made, because new customers are offered better short term advantages, and present 'loyal' customers can perhaps fall foul of some of the offers and wording on contracts during 'upgrading' of your account.In my case, I was asked to pay a further £30.00 set-up fee, £5.00 more for an 'upto' 8 Mb service, which would have included free line rental and certain free telephone calls. In the end, I managed to get the further £30.00 set-up fee canceled, plus all the extras on payment of £14.99 per month (my previous rate).So upgrading to a far better deal, hasn't really cost any extra, in fact I am saving a fair amount of money, by transferring and upgrading. Didn't receive a 'free' wireless router (as yet) because I was a previous customer.

Regarding the £12.99 charge for new customers, I would suggest, that this lower price option might be available to all customers (new/old) in a few months time ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?