Tiscali - good in the end

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:02 13 Nov 2006

I have to report good customer service from Tiscali. After reading tales of woe regarding getting a MAC number from them I put off changing ISP for months. Then after the last few weeks of the service dropping to 500 kbs every night I made my decision and called them. I had thought about what to say when asked the inevitable 'why are you leaving us?' - do I tell them the truth or spin them a line? In the end, and mindful of the problems if heard about I decided discretion was in order and told them that I had no choice, my Company was paying for my connection (which is true) and they insist on using BT (which isn't)
This was accepted without question, told MAC code could take 5 days, in fact it arrived by email in 5 minutes.
Still no regrets - now on BT, total time from start to finish was a week, and yes, it's so much faster with BT.

Stuartli 15:52 13 Nov 2006

But Tiscali, to the best of my knowledge, only uses BT lines for its broadband connections except where it has its own LLU equipment in exchanges.

As for a MAC I requested one on three separate occasions between last November and April and was sent one, like you, within 15 minutes by e-mail.

Stuartli 15:52 13 Nov 2006

...after each request.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?