Tiscali e-mail

jaritch 15:16 30 May 2007

Have had problems since last Thursday. Mail not being delivered. Tiscali at last after a week admit there is a problem.
Problems with outbound email – Wednesday 30th May 2007 @ 1.20pm

We are currently experiencing issues with outbound emails. We have been targeted by spammers using our service, which in turn has meant other ISPs have taken measures to block mail sent by Tiscali. This is not affecting all delivery addresses. Some mail continues to be delivered as normal. However some mail is being blocked by the receiving email servers.

Our engineers are taking urgent actions to block spammers abusing our email service. New hardware is being installed and spam filters are being updated. This work will be complete today. It is likely to take 7-10 days for these changes to take effect across receiving email providers. During this period, customers will still find some sent emails delayed.

We will continue to provide updates on the Service Status page and also within Forums as normal service is resumed.

If you are not sure that your important mail is being received, we suggest that you temporarily use an alternative free email service.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Tiscali Technical Support

jaritch 15:18 30 May 2007

Any one else had a problem? The reality is it took me a couple of days to realise that nobody was getting mail i sent as there is no indication that there is anything wrong when you send.

Zaphod 3 16:12 30 May 2007

You are not alone!!!

click here

Stuartli 16:54 30 May 2007

This is a similar message to that Tiscali has issued for a very long time - the only spam I receive is from a (still well used) worldonline.co.uk e-mail address.

The same goes for other ISPs blocking Tiscali e-mails in some cases...:-)

jaritch 17:02 30 May 2007

Sorry guys didn't realise thre was a thread going on this already. Thanks for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?