Tiscali Daytime User Charged for B/Holiday Usage

John-207204 10:44 14 Apr 2005

Hi All Tiscali Daytime Users

As Windowpane stated in a previous post on this board: -

He/She is a Tiscali daytime 0800-1800 Monday to Friday user @ £4.99p per month and every time there is a bank holiday they charge him/she the Weekend Rate of 1p a minute on top of their £4.99 subscription, which should have been inclusive.

This has also happened to me and I think everyone on Tiscali Daytime should Check Their Usage, as I Believe they will also have been charged for Bank Holidays.

I know its only 1p a minute, but it all adds up and in any case it’s the principle.

Does anyone know of a contact name at Tiscali, where one can submit a complaint, as my past emails have only produced a refund and then I am charged again the next Bank Holiday?

Or does anyone think a complaint should be made to Trading Standards?

I look forwards to comments from other Tiscali Daytime £4.99 users.

John-207204 10:52 14 Apr 2005

Sorry wrong organisation, I meant The Office of Fair Trading.

Terminater

Stuartli 13:28 14 Apr 2005

I've used DayTime Plus since the price jump of Tiscali 50 to £9.99 and I've never been charged extra for bank holiday use, only for the occasional few minutes taken up collecting e-mails outside these hours.

In addition, the details regarding the hours covered by DayTime or DayTime Plus on Tiscali's website clearly state that they are between 8am and 6pm - neither this section nor the T and C information detail any references to bank holidays.

John-207204 14:00 14 Apr 2005

Hi Stuartli,

I think I am right in saying that Daytime Plus includes Weekend Usage, therefore you would not be charged.

It is the £4.99 Daytime 08.00 - 18.00 Mon - Fri package that is in question.

Tiscali charged me for Monday 3rd Jan and I have just managed to get the refund on my March invoice, which arrived yesterday. Then on the same invoice I find I have been charge for Good Friday 25/03/05 and Easter Monday 28/03/05.

I only hope other Tiscali Daytime users check their usage, as I already know of two other users that have also been charged.

Thanks for your reply

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?