Tiscali contract ?

carol_s 21:52 08 Jul 2009

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me advice. I am currently with Tiscali (BB) only, i have a contract up to the end of October this year. I am not happy that Carphone warehouse have taken over the Tiscali UK arm, as i have had bad dealings with them before. Anyway i rang up in June to tell them i was thinking of going with Sky as they had a package of £16.50 per month for sky talk, BB and TV package. I am currently paying £14.67 to Tiscali for BB alone. The call centre i called said they would give me 2 months free BB, and at the begining of July, i could cancel my contract with Tiscali without having to honour my 12 month contract. I have now ordered Sky and rang Tiscali today for my MAC code, i was told i was under contract and would have to pay up until the end of October. I informrd the agent that i had rang in June and was told i did not have to honour my contract and she said i was given wrong information. I do not want to pay any money to Carphone warehouse as i have had bad dealings before with them. I was told they are still Tiscali (which i am aware of), carphone warehouse have taken over the UK arm of Tiscali. Nevertheless my payments would be going into Carphone warehouses pocket. So my question is: Where do i stand???

harps1h 23:04 08 Jul 2009

as far as i can see you probably will have to honour the contract. your contract is with tiscali and although they are being taken over by cpw it is safe to assume your contract is part of that sale.

spuds 23:27 08 Jul 2009

As I understand the recent take-over, Tiscali and CPW are still being run as two separate companies.

With regards to your contract, you should be still with Tiscali, and as such you may well have to honour the contract until completion.

I am not sure if Mary Turner is still the CEO of Tiscali UK. If so, so could try contacting her with your problem, and also provide information that was supplied to you. Her contact email [email protected]

Stuartli 10:25 10 Jul 2009

You have two threads on this subject at present:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017