Tiscali to buy Pipex?

astra46 14:56 15 Jun 2007

click here

Ive just signed up to the Midi package with homecall, as ive been with Pipex for 4 years and find them reliable. I was going to move to SKY but Pipex offered me a great deal to stay.

What will this mean for customers if Tiscali buy Pipex?

alB 15:11 15 Jun 2007

Slow speeds at peak hours, dropped connections, FUP policy, absolutely rubbish customer support other than that it should be fine ...alB

sunny staines 16:01 15 Jun 2007

tiscali buying pipex would be bad news.

in the past i was with a good isp [WOL] who were bought up by tiscali the service, timeouts and billing became dreadful i am now with bulldog pipex bought them and left them alone as a seperate item I just hope tiscali do otherwise i'm off to another isp cannot put up with tascali again.

spuds 16:23 15 Jun 2007

It goes to prove how times change. Tiscali were on a roll a few years ago, and were buying ISP companies worldwide. Then last year, they were trying to sell-off some of their ISP companies. Looks like they could be on a roll again!.

Stuartli 19:44 15 Jun 2007
  spuds 20:47 15 Jun 2007

See astra46 introduction 'click here' ;o)

Stuartli 23:26 15 Jun 2007

Well I was on my way out for a pint of Guinness...:-)

Trust it won't affect my Pipex dialup connection, which I've had for 11 years.....:-(

I also have a Tiscali dialup (WorldOnline) connection.....

anchor 12:16 13 Jul 2007

Latest news:

Pipex are today to announce a buy out of its broadband and voice customers following talks with Tiscali.

click here

sunny staines 15:28 13 Jul 2007

looks like pipex sold its customers down the river. what a let down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?