Tiscali broadband and TV - need help!

fedupwithtiscali 08:26 21 Aug 2007

We have signed up to Tiscali TV and broadband and have nothing but problems. So as not to bore people, I will cut it short but my plea is to find anyone who can help me out.

1) We signed up to Tiscali TV and Broadband, but they have only given us a broadband modem and said that TV isn't in our area even though they let us sign up for it. We are now under contract with them but have no TV! They say they will let us know when it comes to our area!

2) The modem only has a USB cable attached which does not fit to our wireless router which only has RJ-45 ports. Tiscali promised all sorts of things (including that no modem was required!!!) and that they would send us a new modem with a RJ-45 connector. Suffice it to say, nothing has materialised and we are still only wired.

Please, have you had the same problems. Can you help? We have been sent to 6 different Tiscali numbers and noone can help, they all lie and make things up and we are getting to the point where we think only legal action will get our money back.

Thanks

^wave^ 08:37 21 Aug 2007

is it a wireless router and modem if so you can set that up for tiscali how did you access the internet before

fedupwithtiscali 08:43 21 Aug 2007

The modem is the one that they sent us. It just plugs into the phone socket and then has a usb which plugs into the computer. However, as we want to network wirelessly, we bought a wireless router but it doesn't have a usb slot for the modem to plug into, only rj-45 connectors.

^wave^ 08:47 21 Aug 2007

what make and model

fedupwithtiscali 08:49 21 Aug 2007

The router is the Belkin Wireless G. Not sure the make of the modem as I am not at home at the moment.

fedupwithtiscali 08:51 21 Aug 2007

Actually, think the modem is
speed touch 330 ADSL modem

^wave^ 09:06 21 Aug 2007

several threads on tiscali try this one it does have a phone number with it

click here
good luck

spuds 00:41 22 Aug 2007

You will most likely find that the modem is a Thomson/Alcetal SpeedTouch 330 or a Sagem [email protected] 800 E2T.

If Tiscali have sold you a combined package of broadband and TV, and have now informed you that the TV part of the deal is not available, then cancel the agreement if you want to, under The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended).

I have another post going at the moment about Tiscali, in which I am stating my dis-pleasures about this company, and the way their customer service and sales are dealing with a problem that I am having. Like you, Tiscali have tried to sell me a product that they seem not able to deliver. Never thought the day would arise, when I would vent annoyance of this company, after many years of good service which now seems to have turned into sheer frustration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?