Tiscali broadband set to go to Vodaphone

TopCat® 18:41 03 Jun 2008

Tiscali's Italian owners are likely to sell off all its broadband businesses tomorrow, according to this report. TC. click here

spuds 19:12 03 Jun 2008

I now wait with baited breath on the outcome of this news, and whether my broadband and telephone service problems are behind me.

Taff™ 00:20 04 Jun 2008

Sounds good to me too! Can we have Pipex`s customer service team back as well please and drop the 0871 numbers and the Credit Card surcharges and the download throttling ....

jack 17:38 04 Jun 2008

is sometimes merely a 'paper' deal - nothing changes for the customer- except possibly only to get worse or more expensive or both. :-(

LastChip 18:43 04 Jun 2008

Too true Taff™.

While I've been a staunch supporter of Pipex, Tiscali have ruined it.

I object strongly to having to pay for a premium rate line call, to change from a credit to debit card, when it's totally outside my control.

Whether Vodafone would be any better, remains to be seen. But at least as a shareholder I can make a nuisance of myself if I believe the service is not up to scratch.

spuds 11:19 06 Jun 2008

Having been in contact with Tiscali customer services on a regular basis over the past few days, there is no confirmation as to the Vodaphone 'take-over' deal or any deal going through as yet, its all still in the talking stages with possible various interested parties. One thing that Tiscali have done, is the suspension (temporary or otherwise) of some of their offers for new and old subscribers.

Looking at the share prices since these talks went ahead, there could be some people a little bit richer since last week :O)

TopCat® 23:03 08 Jun 2008

I reckon the Register hack must have thought an announcement was imminent from Tiscali.

LastChip - I happen to be still with Pipex for broadband and am currently being charged over £20 per month for the privilege. My speeds are much poorer into the bargain since I asked for a MAC code at the end of March this year. The whole sorry tale can be found on my thread at click here which I will now update further. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?