Tiny Service and 3yr warranty

Ratane 22:31 13 Sep 2004

regarding the reinstated Tiny Computers. Take their service with a large dose of patience. I purhcased a tiny laptop with an extended 3 yr warranty .. 2 days before they were taken over by the Time group. That was two and half years ago.

Roll forward to july this year. DVDs play in slow motion . So I Contact Tiny customer service.
Is my 3 yr warranty still valid? Yes. The Insurance company whom the warranty was purchased through will honour it. If my computer is unrepairable, they say, then I will recieve a new computer.

I would like to elaborate in detail but all the service and support problems currently runs into 6-8 pages.

so in brief. 3 weeks to convince techincians i have aproblem with my computer

2 weeks to get a next day courier to return the laptop to Tiny (next day - 2 weeks??)

2 weeks later to discover that they know nothing about the laptop

so I call the insurance finace company who hold the warranty to chase up Tiny. I now have a letter infroming me that i will probably recieve a new laptop sometime the end of September.

During this saga i have been overcharged had texts and invoices sent to me for equipment which i nver ordered and never recieved,even when i notified Tiny of their error.

I shall be writing to Customer services at Tiny...
... when I recieve my computer back.

spuds 23:05 13 Sep 2004

Your claim was against the insurance company.They should have dealt with the problem, and organized things. Did they!.

When the original Tiny went into administration, there was a big problem with warranty procedures. Some people could claim via insurance cover, other could claim via the Consumer Credit Act, and other people lost out completely. Time took over some minor responsibilities, but it still left people very confused.The new Tiny company have no legal responsibilty to/for the old Tiny company.

Ratane 12:12 16 Sep 2004

Yes i realise that they have no legal responsibiliy, yet they should have directed me to the insurance company from the word go. Instead I was led to believe from Tiny that Tiny/Time itself was handling all the affairs.

As they organised the collection and to inform me of the repair/replace status and contacting the insurance company of the issue.

I have now resolved the issue as I have recieved a replacement computer. My issue is the way in which it has been handled by Tiny leaving me very bewildered and frustrated.

thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?