Tiny Plasma Tv's

smy13 15:55 10 Feb 2005

Looking at what Tiny offer for the price, their plasma TV's look to be a great value product. Does anyone have first hand experience I'd be interested in any thoughts/feedback
Ta

Belatucadrus 16:26 10 Feb 2005

They were mentioned recently in The Gadget show, general opinion was that you got a lot of Plasma screen for the money, but that the picture quality wasn't that good.

rogertjj 16:36 10 Feb 2005

before you consider buying one, you may want to have a look at click here.

They have a number of threads about Tiny Plasmas, and the problems that people have had with them.

Specifically, this one here click here

smy13 17:15 10 Feb 2005

rogertjj

Thanks very much I think you've just stopped me making a very expensive mistake I'll hang on and save the money for a Pioneer or Panasonic

PUNKA 17:54 10 Feb 2005

I purchased this model over 12 months ago from Currys and apart from purchasing a gold Scart lead £60.00 It has excellent picture and sound quality it cost £1990.00 but now sells much cheaper.

Bleep 18:34 10 Feb 2005

Richer Sounds all day long: click here

Panasonic (42" Plasma Screen - with at home warranty) £1,249 .95 inc VAT !!!

rogertjj 19:25 10 Feb 2005

smy13, I think you have made the right choice.

With a purchase that is as expensive as a plasma, it is always wise to look around, and do your research. Hope you enjoy what you get, even if you have to save up the pennies to get it !! But, as the saying goes, 'You get what you pay for'

oresome 20:52 10 Feb 2005

Bleep,

The Panny appears to have no tuner or input connectivity according to the "features" list. Not sure what the supplied remote controls.

Bleep 21:46 10 Feb 2005

Yes dont worry about that!!! on some of the DVD players on the site it also says that they have no scart or s-video connections!! click here seems like a tech error.

Call them or pop into one of there stores and they can resolve that for you, mad I know!!

I can confirm that they do have them as I am a happy richersounds plasma customer and the level of service from that company is on par with Crucial Memory, please check them out.....

Thanks for pointing that out oresome as many would thing that you could'nt connect anything to them!!

Bleep 21:53 10 Feb 2005

Here are the full specs for that Screen, must have been a tech error!

click here

Display Technology Plasma-Display Resolution SVGA (800X600)

Frequency 100 Hertz Built In Decoders not applicable

Broadcast Standard Pal/Secam/Ntsc Surround Sound without

Screen Profile Flat Screen

AV Input/Output Scart x 3

Auto Tuning With Auto Tuner Sleep Timer With Sleep Timer

Other Features Zoom Feature

Year of introduction 2003

smy13 22:14 10 Feb 2005

Good Site
I'm going to pop over to their branch in Stoke on Trent tomorrow as is only half hour away
Thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone